Thursday, September 1, 2011

It Happened Again

For the second time this week, a post of mine is up on ThinkChristian.net

In the meantime, I've been occupied working on a book for Young Life on the upcoming 50th Anniversary of the Castaway Club camp in Minnesota. I've been doing research and interviews, digging through the camp archives and finding things like a list of the camp staff in July of 1978 which had both my wife and college roommate (but not me) on it. The Castaway book won't be done anytime soon, but I wanted you to know I'm not just sitting around writing for other blogs at the expense of my own this week.

2 comments:

  1. My first time experiencing Castaway was in July, 1990. My wife and I took 4 kids from our area,and she was 4 months pregnant. The girls we took found morning sickness to be interesting. Talk about crack babies... Our daughter grew up around YL, was a YL kid herself, and now is a volunteer leader taking kids to camp.
    tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great post Jeff (the one you linked to I mean). Some of the things you mentioned about Europeans are the things keeping me here in the soon-to-be dark and frozen tundra.

    As much as I love the way our socialized system allows for both parents to be much more involved in caring for children, at least in Sweden, there is also much being sacrificed on the altar of gender equality. As much as I appreciate the results most of the time, the motivation behind a lot of these policies leaves something to be desired.
    Interesting thought about the pets though. I've never thought about it :)

    ReplyDelete